Data science is an ever-evolving field, with exponentially growing popularity. Data science includes techniques and theories extracted from the fields of statistics, computer science, and most importantly machine learning, databases, and visualization. This video course consists of step-by-step introductions to analyze data and the basics of statistics. The first chapter focuses on the steps to analyze data and which summary statistics are relevant given the type of data you are summarizing. The second chapter continues by focusing on summarizing individual variables and specifically some of the reasons users need to summarize variables. This chapter also illustrates several procedures, such as how to run and interpret frequencies and how to create various graphs. The third chapter introduces the idea of inferential statistics, probability, and hypothesis testing. The rest of the chapters show you how to perform and interpret the results of basic statistical analyses (chi-square, independent and paired sample t-tests, one-way ANOVA, post-hoc tests, and bivariate correlations) and graphical displays (clustered bar charts, error bar charts, and scatterplots). You will also learn when to use different statistical techniques, how to set up different analyses, and how to interpret the results. Style and Approach: This is an application-oriented course with a practical approach. This course discusses situations in which you would use each statistical technique, the assumptions made by the method, how to set up the analysis, and how to interpret the results. No proofs will be derived, but rather the focus will be on the practical matters of data analysis in support of answering research questions.
This course is for developers who are interested in entering the field of data science and are looking for a guide to the statistical concepts.
- This comprehensive video tutorial will ensure that you build on your knowledge of statistics and learn how to apply it in the field of data science
- Youll learn when to use different statistical techniques, how to set up different analyses, and how to interpret the results
- This video course follows a step-by-step approach to ensure that you get the basics right
What You Get
- 7 modules, 25 lectures (videos)
- 3 hours of videos
- Certificate of Completion (physical or digital certificates)
Certificate of Completion
- A physical or digital certificate of completion will be awarded.
- Digital certificate can be downloaded immediately after course completion.
- Physical certificate will be mailed to your physical address directly from Empowerment Right Now Academy (Singapore).
- Terms and conditions apply, please refer to our FAQ.
- Lectures 25
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 467
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes